quinta-feira, janeiro 21, 2010

Chatty dad Gary Barlow

Gary Barlow was thrilled when he could finally speak to his children.

The Take That frontman - who has three children, Daniel, nine, Emily, seven, and 12-month-old Daisy with wife Dawn - admits he isn't very good with babies and is happier when his kids can speak to him.

He said: "I really only started bonding with the kids when they're around two. Or do I mean 22, ha ha! Don't get me wrong, the whole baby thing is all cute and stuff, but I really like them when they start talking and knowing who you are. I find it frustrating, that first bit, as they only really want their mums because they feed them. Babies are just like little chimps and they won't let their mum go. I don't find it as rewarding at that stage. But Dan and Emily are like my best friends now. I really love my time with them."

Gary also admits he will be an over-protective father when it comes to his daughters dating boys.

He added to Britain's OK! magazine: "I will be very judgemental when boys come a calling for Emily. Actually, saying that, I think she has a boyfriend now and she's only seven. They start young these days, you know. It's terrifying."

In Virgin Music

Barlow reveals weight gain pain

Gary Barlow piled on the pounds following Take That’s first split in 1996 and admits it became so bad he was having trouble doing everyday tasks.

The father-of-three – who recently celebrated his 10th wedding anniversary with wife Dawn – said: “For a couple of years in the late 90s I suffered with depression and I ballooned to 16st 9lb (233lbs) by the year 2000. I was practically immobile and found it hard to move around. I remember waking up one morning and trying to sit up in bed and it was so hard. Getting out of bed was such an effort.

“Then when I walked around the bed, Dawn just watched me and noticed that I was becoming a little immobile. And she said, ‘Do you want to go to the doctor? It might be worthwhile finding out why you are getting so heavy.’ Of course, she knew why, I was b***dy eating!”

The ‘Greatest Day’ singer says he felt he had “failed” himself because he had let his weight get out of control.

He added to Britain’s OK! magazine: “I look back at pictures of me when I was heavier and it’s like being in your own prison. And it’s true, and the bigger you are the smaller you feel. You become embarrassed about it. You’re meant to look after yourself and I failed because I looked like that.”

just found it in the sun too, but it's pretty much the same except they added this little bit to the end; "It's amazing when you look at Gary now to remember he was so big. But this astonishing turnaround is just another reason why he's such a Bizarre Lord."

The Sun

Sem comentários: