quarta-feira, outubro 07, 2009

EXCLUSIVE: GARY'S GIRL

GARY Barlow reckons launching his own record label is far more nerve-racking than stepping out at Wembley with Take That.
I hooked up with one quarter of my favourite manband as he unveiled 21-year-old classical singer Camilla Kerslake – the first signing to his Future Records label.

Gary told me afterwards: “I don’t think I have ever been as nervous about anything. Before Camilla performed I was a wreck.
“Backstage I was pacing up and down like a proud dad. This is honestly more nerve-racking than going on at Wembley.”

Gary had no need to fear as Camilla was a brilliant and brave choice of artist to sign.

However, the TT star, 38, hopes he won’t be bombarded by demo CDs from wannabes as a result.

He added: “I’m not going to sign any more artists at the moment because it takes up a lot of time.
“An album every two years with Take That already consumes so much time.
“Camilla sent me a demo CD every day for six weeks. Eventually I had a listen and saw real potential.
“I wish I’d never told that tale – now other acts are going to try the same trick. I may have to move studios.”

Gary teased the audience by introducing Camilla’s set as “the exclusive playback of the new Take That and Robbie single which is a cover of Rick Astley’s Together Forever.”

However, he was keen to set the record straight over the big fat lies circulating about a reunion with Mr Williams, 35.

He revealed: “I’m fed up and bored of all the different rumours. I can’t answer them any differently.
“We’re not going to be reuniting at Christmas.
“I’m still preparing a charity gig for that time and it’s going really well.”
Camilla’s debut single She Moved Through The Fair and self-titled debut album are out next month.

Source: Daily Star

Sem comentários: