terça-feira, setembro 22, 2009

“Take That fans will hate me” says Dame Shirley Bassey

Dame Shirley Bassey is convinved she has become public enemy number one with UK women after working with Take That star Gary Barlow on her new album. The legendary singer, 72, reckons female fans will be green with envy that the heartthrob approached her about recording a duet last year.
The 72-year-old said: “Women will attack me! I’ll probably get these young girls giving me grief.” Shirley continued: “Gary is so good-looking and such a gentleman.
“Take That are great. I mean, really great. I didn’t realise how great their songs were until I saw them in the summer. Gary’s work is exceptional. When Gary and I met for the first time we were both shaking. I starting talking but I got a bit stuck. I did then explain I was nervous but he then said that he was more nervous. Then we had a big argument about who was the more nervous. It was funny! He then sung to me. My own special performance in my home, can you believe it? I can’t believe I’ve got all these amazing people, who I can now call my friends, wanting to work for me!”
Big compliment for the boys. Dame Shirley has sold more than 135 million record to date, and is considered one of the greatest artists of all time.
Bassey’s album “The Performance” will be released on November 9.

Source: http://www.celebritygossipfirst.com/?s=take%20that&x=18&y=11

Sem comentários: