sexta-feira, setembro 11, 2009

Yoko and the Fab 4

Best Band ... Take That
Best Band ... Take That

YOKO ONO has given her blessing to TAKE THAT as the UK's new Fab Four.

JOHN LENNON's widow revealed she is a big fan of the man band - and named their No1 Shine as her favourite track.

GARY BARLOW, MARK OWEN, HOWARD DONALD and JASON ORANGE met Yoko on stage at the GQ Men Of The Year Awards at the Royal Opera House in Covent Garden, London, as she presented them with the gong for Best Band.

Beaming Yoko said: "I love Shine. I know most of their greatest hits. They're a great British band."

Praise ... Yoko OnoPraise ... Yoko Ono

And the feeling's mutual.

Mark said: "It's amazing that Yoko thinks that about our music. It is an honour to accept an award from her."

The pat on the back from Yoko at last night's bash comes after Gary and Co have been holed up in Abbey Road Studios for two days working on a secret project.

The lads have just returned from a three-month break and met up on Monday at the famous London studios where THE BEATLES recorded almost all their famous hits.

A new live DVD is being released in time for Christmas documenting Take That's sold-out Circus UK tour.

The DVD will also feature a bonus disc of the band playing hits in the world-famous Studio Two at Abbey Road - where hits including Hey Jude were recorded.

Just so you know, Gary is on piano, Mark on bass, Jason on guitar and Howard on drums.

Speaking just before the GQ bash, Gary said: "It's been absolutely amazing in Abbey Road. "The place just has an aura about it. There's so much history about it. I'd love to record our next album there."

All of the lads are relishing being back in the studio after their well-deserved break.

Jason said: "We've had a great holiday and now it's back to work."

And Howard told me: "I did some DJing in Ibiza so I haven't had as long a holiday as the other guys but it's good to be back. I've played a bit of golf but I'm not ready to take you on yet, Smarty."

Gary also revealed he has had a listen to old bandmate ROBBIE WILLIAMS' new album Reality Killed The Video Star - and loved it.

He said: "I've heard Robbie's album. I think it's great. "I can hear TREVOR HORN's influence on it. I would buy anything that guy does. "Rob's music still has an Eighties electronic feel but it sounds fresh."

That sounds like a seal of approval to me.



The Sun

Sem comentários: