terça-feira, outubro 19, 2010

News Q Magazine Q293: Take That - Back For Good


TAKE THAT’s new album is only weeks away, but where there’s excitement there are inevitably a few nerves – even from inside the camp.
MARK OWEN is worried fans will think a track on Progress was written about his well-documented personal problems.
In March he bravely confessed to The Sun that he had been unfaithful to his missus EMMA, and revealed his long battle with booze.
What Do You Want From Me, featuring Mark on lead vocals, sounds a lot like it was penned as he confronted his demons following the revelations.
But it was jointly written by the band before that time. And Mark admits he had second thoughts about including it on the album.
He said: “Even now part of me is going, ‘Maybe it doesn’t have to be on there’.
“It’s a song that’s always going to be related to a time in my life that was very difficult.”
It’s obvious why people can make the connection with lines like:
“It’s been a difficult year.
“I like to think of us moving on.
“I still think I’m in love with you, still want to make love to you.”
Mark admits Emma was in two minds about the track’s inclusion but he feels the song justifies its place due to the real meaning behind its lyrics.
Speaking to Q magazine, out next Tuesday, he said: “The song was written before everything came about. It was written as an optimistic song and then, when everything happened, it took on a different connotation.
“I have to keep reminding myself that it was written looking ahead at a future together.
“There’s mixed feelings in my stomach about it. Do I need to put myself through that? But then it’s good to confront things and be open.”
The album is out on November 22 and there’s a buzz surrounding it. Here’s the first look at the cover – and it’s a corker. A take on those ape-to-human progression posters, it’s the best I’ve seen in ages.
ROBBIE rubbing shoulders with Mark, GARY, HOWARD and JASON still seems slightly surreal following all those years of reunion speculation.
I remember hearing about the games they played in their tour bus when they first started out, but these days it’s manly macho stuff – like arm wrestles.
Now we know the real reason Robbie’s been building up his biceps.

Source: The Sun

Sem comentários: