terça-feira, outubro 19, 2010

News Q Magazine Q293: Take That - Back For Good

Just announced! Q Magazine has a world exclusive for it's December issue, which will feature the first print interview with Take That including Robbie Williams for more than 15 years.

PRE-ORDER Q MAGAZINE, Q293: TAKE THAT - BACK FOR GOOD?

The interview was conducted by Q's Editor-in-chief Paul Rees, who amongst other things covered the topics of how the once unlikely reunion with Williams came about and the recording of their new album Progress, the band's first with Robbie since he quit 15 years ago.

Talking about the issue, which is out on Tuesday, October 26 Paul said "The Take That reunion has unquestionably been the biggest story in music this year and Q is delighted to be the first to tell it in depth. Personally I think everyone is at least curious about Take That right now. Over the course of the last couple of records they've successfully reinvented themselves - and they also put on a genuinely great live show."

He added, "Even before Robbie returned they were arguably the biggest band in Britain. On those factors alone they'd be a Q cover band. The return of Robbie has only magnified that."

In the interview Robbie Williams describes the moment of speaking with Gary Barlow for the first time properly since the Take That split:

"[It was] One of the most amazing nights of my life, I went from having a real problem with this person to literally rolling on the floor laughing with him 10 minutes later. We were genuinely sorry that we'd upset each other."

In the candid discussion, when asked if he was envious of Robbie following the demise of Take That, Gary was frank:

"Fucking right I was. The thing I've learned from having Rob back in my life is that it wasn't being envious of him, it was more that I love being in the industry. I love days like today, doing a photo shoot, being driven here in a nice car. It's a nice life. And it's fucking temporary, unless you're incredibly lucky. He was getting all the stuff I wanted. I hated it when he had a pop at me, but it didn't keep me awake at night. I was just longing to get back into the industry. It was snatched away from me overnight."

The band also describe how new album Progress marks a new, more collaborative phase for Take That, with each member of the band contributing to the songwriting and musical direction.

Gary Barlow: "We literally wrote it in the same way as the hip hop guys do."

Mark Owen: "And which hip hop guys are those. Jay Zed?"

Gary Barlow: "Dr Dre, and erm Will.i.Am"

Robbie Williams: "Who else"

Gary Barlow: "Lionel Richie"

Q293 is out on Tuesday, October 26, 2010. Get the interview in full, pre-order your copy now:

PRE-ORDER Q293: TAKE THAT - BACK FOR GOOD?

Sem comentários: