quinta-feira, março 11, 2010

I'm a love-cheat, a drunk and a complete idiot

Children

The pair were an item long before they finally married in a Scottish castle last October, watched by smiling bandmates Gary Barlow, Howard Donald and Jason Orange.

The mistress ... Neva leaves a London pub with Mark after one  meeting
The mistress ... Neva leaves a pub with Mark after one meeting

And they have two children - Elwood, three, and Willow Rose, one.

One of Mark's affairs - with accounts manager Neva Hanley, 24 - carried on for the best part of five years.

The others were drunken one-night stands with girls while Take That were on tour.

Mark said: "I don't know how many girls there were in all. Maybe ten."

Yesterday he admitted everything to unsuspecting Emma as he tried desperately to draw a line under his betrayal and forge a new beginning with her.

The star - who insists he has been faithful to Emma since their wedding - said: "I have been living with the guilt. It has always been there - you carry it around with you.

It held me back in my relationship with Emma. I wouldn't have done any of this if I had my time again.

I am halfway through my life now and this, in a way, is a lesson. You've got to learn and that's what I am going to do.

Emma is really strong and I know she will do what is right for her and the kids.

I support that and I really appreciate that.

She loved me - she still does love me - and I have let her down. That's the truth of it.

You realise what you have done when you face up to it and the mistakes you have made.

And I have really let her down. Friends, everybody. I feel like I have let everyone down.Close_quote

Mark, who also admits his behaviour can be "difficult," added: "I wish I had told Emma about this before we got married and come clean then.

Bedded

"I've done it now. It wouldn't be a second chance, it would be the 100th chance she has given me."

In another confession, he told how he last bedded Neva in September - just weeks before he wed Emma.

The other members of Take That, who have sold more than 30million albums worldwide, with 11 No1 singles, knew NOTHING about her.

Mark met posh Neva when she was just 19 on a platform at Preston railway station in September 2004, two years after he won the second series of Celebrity Big Brother.

They became friends - and three weeks later he flew her to Los Angeles, where they had sex in Hollywood's Best Western hotel.

Three months later Mark invited Neva to his Lake District home, where they spent a night smoking cannabis, drinking vodka and having sex.

The pair later cooled their relationship but kept in touch and met up occasionally at hotels.

A week after Mark's daughter was born, they had another night of passion.

Their final romp came at the Gore Hotel in Kensington, West London.

Neva told The Sun: "We had sex five times that night. That's when I started to feel really guilty."

She added: "The lie has gone on for too long. I can't do this to Mark's family any more."

Mark said: "When I met Neva in September it was because I was having a tough time with Emma. I wasn't feeling very good about myself or the future and I went down my phonebook, found her number and we met up.

Chance

"After that last meeting I realised I had to try to sort my life out. I had to change the person I was. The wedding for me was a new slate and a new start. In my head there was never a time when I was doubting getting married. It was a chance for me to put it all behind me and not make the mistakes I had made in the past."

Mark met Neva last month and told her his family came first and she had to keep her distance.

The mega-rich star has posted a series of cheques totalling £12,000 to her from his private account over the last year, including £9,000 since he tied the knot with Emma, 33.

Superstars ... Mark with bandmates Jason, left, Gary and Howard,  right
Superstars ... Mark with bandmates Jason, left, Gary and Howard, right

He said: "She phoned me the week before I got married. She said she had lost her job and was going to lose her flat - and asked if I could help her out.

"I have known her for years so I said, 'Of course.' In all I paid her about £12k, the last one just last week.

"When I have been in a bad way, when I have needed a bit of support, she has been there for me. All the other girls were one night stands. On tour. When I was away from home on wild nights out, which was every night. I'm not in contact with any of them.

"It wasn't the girls' fault, it was mine. I would be up for it and looking for it. I wasn't thinking straight. The next day I would think, 'Oh f***.' It was regret - disappointment in myself. I had been drinking. I wouldn't have the nerve to talk to a girl when I'm not drunk."

He added: "I wasn't paying Neva with the intention of keeping her quiet. I'd have no money left if I was paying them all off.

"None of the boys knew about her. I told them about her yesterday. She was at gigs but they never met her."

Better

Mark admitted his drinking had caused cracks in his relationship with Emma - and said he had been "not very nice to live with".

He added: "I denied to her I was having an affair when things were going on. It was getting better and better, me and Em. We met and within a year and a half she was pregnant with our first beautiful boy, Elwood. And when you have kids, things change. I feel like I am getting to know Em more and more every day. I love her to death but our relationship hasn't always been great, because of me. She has tried really hard to support me. Life was hard, I guess. I let Emma down. I was selfish and stubborn."

Mark Owen
Wedding bliss ... Mark and Emma on their big day

"Everything that has happened to me I have brought on myself. If ever we argued it was down to me."

Mark said he'd had nothing to do with other girls since his wedding.

He added: "I'm proud of that. I know that sounds really stupid but on our wedding day, for me the ring is really important and I want to be true to my word.

"It was a big change for me to be able to do that. It was a big moment for me, my wedding day. On many levels it was a fresh start and that was how I was looking at it."

Mark said he was addressing his booze problem. He added: "I have noticed a change since I stopped drinking, but I am quite difficult. It wasn't the sunshine Emma was hoping for but it is better. I have always liked a drink and I am a party man."

Pal ... Mark with Sun's Gordon
Pal ... Mark with Sun's Gordon

The star went on to declare that coming clean about his affairs might be the best thing that has happened to him. He said:

Close_quote This has to happen for me to move on. It would have always been there. I could never have been fully open with Emma, with myself, with anybody. Now I can.

I can start again. That's how I feel.

I wish I had realised about my drinking earlier.

Emma is a strong girl. She has to do what is right for her and the kids. And I am here if she wants me.

I want to do the right thing now for the kids and Emma.

It's the best thing in the world having kids. I feel blessed and I am really sorry that I have done this to them and to Emma.

She has done a lot of good for me, Emma has. She is absolutely without doubt the only person I want to be with for the rest of my life.

She is the best thing that has happened to me. I want us to grow together and be together - but let's see what happens.Close_quote

He added: "I really wanted for me and Emma to move on when we got married and not make the same mistakes.

"It's going to do good in the long run. It's for the best, this.

"In situations like this people surprise you. Friendships and the words people send. I feel supported - an idiot like me."

© THE SUN

Sem comentários: