domingo, março 07, 2010

Top 100 UK Celebs by Piers Morgan (Mail on Sunday)

23 TAKE THAT

Let me take you back to 1990. I'm sitting in a rusty old van with five eager young men on our way to a photo shoot, and they're bombarding me with questions about the famous people I know.

'Can't believe you know Paul McCartney!' one sighed, in awed admiration. 'Maybe you guys will one day,' I replied.

And they all shook their heads in disbelief at the very idea of such a thing. I helped them have their first hit record, wrote their first two official books and have stayed friendly with four of them at least. And in December I sat at home watching their TV special, and saw them larking about with Paul McCartney.

Take That have come a long, long way. And their comeback is one of the best deserved in showbusiness history.

Oozing with longevity and likeability:  Manband Take That
Oozing with longevity and likeability: Manband Take That

Real power in the music business is achieved by longevity and likeability.

Gary, Mark, Howard and Jason have both, in spades. I hung out with them in LA last summer, and unlike so many of their contemporaries, they really hadn't changed a bit, were truly grateful for the second chance they'd been given and were loving every minute of it. And I couldn't be happier for them.

Gary Barlow: Age 39 Born Frodsham, Cheshire Education Frodsham High School Home London
Jason Orange:
Age 39 Born Manchester Education South Manchester High School Home London
Howard Donald: Age 42 Born Droylsden, Lancs Education Littlemoss High School Home London
Mark Owen: Age 38 Born Oldham, Lancashire Education St Augustine's Catholic School Home London

Fonte: Daily Mail

Sem comentários: